Saturday, October 3, 2009

BP2_2009101_RSS Feeds

As I subscribe to the different RSS feeds, I had so much fun with this system.

As a high school art teacher,I have subscribed to art museum sites.
1. Museum of Modern Art: This museum is one of the most famous art museum in the world and it is in my neighborhood. This site provides current exhibition information so I can choose and schedule when and what to visit.

2. Metropolitan Museum of Art: This museum is the biggest museum in NYC. Even curators in the museum does not know the entire collection because it has tremendous information. This site has podcasts on art history with linked images and current exhibitions. I can introduce the video or podcast to student when I see something related to the class lesson or student's interest.

3. Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum: This museum is one of my favorite because it is a smaller size with contemporary art, mostly design. This museum provides numerous workshops to art teachers and students on design and educational aspects of design. This month, I have already scheduled a teacher workshop and a class field trip.

4. Art Education 2.0: This is a social network site on Ning for high school art teachers. I have seen AP studio art teachers in the group and I want to find out more about the group because I want to learn from other AP teachers. Student artworks, lessons, and videos were shown.

The following sites are about education in a broader sense.

5. Educational Week: This site has articles on many different subjects and issues on education. Topics cover technology, international education news, politics, school environment, and more.

6. Edutopia: This site includes many resources on education. It is online educational magazine with current educational issues, and real life stories of student success. I really enjoyed Digital Youth Portrait series which talk about stories how technology helps student self-learning.

7. Digital Education: This shows articles on issues of digital generation and how it changes educational settings and applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment